Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever Breeders Augusta GA
Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever
The Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever is an agile, medium sized retrieving breed that requires plenty of exercise. They are good with kids and love the water.
- Medium-sized build, compact and muscular
- Short muzzle and wedge-shaped head
- Triangular-shaped, drop ears are set back
- Smallest of the retrievers
- Almond-shaped eyes
- Tail held high when working
- Coat: Soft, feathery double coat comes in any shade of red
- White markings on feet, chest and tail
- Height: 17-21 inches
- Weight: 40-50 pounds
- Average lifespan: 12-14 years
- Very energetic, playful, smart, alert, outgoing, friendly, fast learner, gentle, affectionate, boisterous, lively
- Interaction with people: Good with children
- Interaction with animals: Good with other animals
- OK for apartments
- Needs significant exercise in addition to long, daily walks
- Enjoys cooler climates
- Average shedder
- Thoroughly brush with firm bristles weekly
- Bathe regularly
- Originated in the early 19th century in Nova Scotia, Canada
- Thought to have descended from English red decoy dogs brought to Nova Scotia from Great Britain
- Bred to lure ducks
- Also known as the Little River Duck Dog and the Yarmouth Toller
- Tolling means "to lure or decoy game"
- This breed is used to lure birds within shotgun range of their masters and retrieve the ducks after they are shot
- Smaller and more agile than most retrievers
- Tirelessly le...
Click here to read full article from WebVet.com
WebVet does not partner with or endorse any of the local product and service providers listed on this page. If you have questions specific to your pets needs or the quality of care and service, we highly recommend you speak with your veterinarian. If you don't have a local veterinarian, please click here to find one.