Norwich Terrier Breeders Dallas TX
The Norwich Terrier is an energetic and friendly terrier breed.
The Norwich and Norfolk Terrier breeds were separated in 1964.
- Short, strong body
- Dark, round eyes; face bears fox-like appearance
- Upright ears
- Coat: Wiry, straight; comes in wheaten, red, grizzle or black/tan
- Muscular hindquarters with a wide ribcage
- Front paws turned slightly outward
- Height: about 10 inches
- Weight: 10-12 pounds
- Average lifespan: 12-15 years
- Active, affectionate, courageous, adaptable, daring
- Interaction with people: Excellent family dog; good with mature children
- Interaction with animals: Good with other pets
- Level of attention needed: Needs attention and can be somewhat dominant
- OK for apartments
- Needs daily exercise and activity
- Moderate shedder
- Brush daily
- Originated in East Anglia, England
- Developed in the 1880s
- Used as the mascot of Cambridge University in the late 1800s
- Used as a farm dog and ratter
- Considered same breed as Norfolk terrier until 1964
- Main difference between Norwich and Norfolk is the ears
- Used in fox hunting
- Once known as "Trumpington terriers"
- Elongated soft palate (can effect breathing)
- Hip dysplasia
- Patellar luxation
While the listed ailments may be common in this breed, not all members of the breed suffer from these conditions. Responsible breeders screen for orthopedic and genetic diseases....
Click here to read full article from WebVet.com
WebVet does not partner with or endorse any of the local product and service providers listed on this page. If you have questions specific to your pets needs or the quality of care and service, we highly recommend you speak with your veterinarian. If you don't have a local veterinarian, please click here to find one.