Australian Shepherd Breeders Panama City FL
The Australian Shepherd is an enthusiastic herding breed that requires plenty of exercise. They make good family pets but require moderate grooming.
- Medium, athletic build
- Black nose
- Medium coat texture
- Coat: Hair is blue merle, black, red merle, red; all with or without white markings and/or tan (copper) points
- Height: 18-23 inches
- Weight: 35-75 pounds
- Average life expectancy: 12-15 years
- Very smart, active, happy, easy going, very playful, courageous, loyal, affectionate
- Interaction with people: Excellent with children; wary of strangers unless socialized as puppies
- Interaction with animals: Good with other dogs
- Training: Easily trained
- Protection: Naturally protective; good watchdog.
- Loyal to family
- Not recommended for apartments
- Needs large yard
- Needs significant exercise
- Easy to groom
- Average shedder
- Brush with firm bristle brush
- Originated in the 1920s in the U.S.
- Ancestors from Spain and France
- Appeared in rodeos, horse shows and on TV
- Works as ranch dogs, service dogs and in search-and-rescue
- In spite of the name, they're not native to Australia
- Nicknamed the "Aussie"
- Popularity exploded with Western and cowboy culture
- Hip and elbow dysplasia
- Ophthalmic disorders (including progressive retinal atrophy, cataracts , distichiasis, iris coloboma and Collie eye anomaly)...
Click here to read full article from WebVet.com
WebVet does not partner with or endorse any of the local product and service providers listed on this page. If you have questions specific to your pets needs or the quality of care and service, we highly recommend you speak with your veterinarian. If you don't have a local veterinarian, please click here to find one.